[Qgis-psc] Chat unification

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Nov 9 05:55:16 PST 2015

Hi all

Lets try to make a constructive conclusion to this discussion. Can I put
forward:

1) We stick with IRC for now and look at embedding a skinned version of
kiwiirc on our site to make it easily accessible for our users.
2) We try rocket or similar alternative FOSS 'modern' chat clients and see
if they provide a good experience. After some trial period we can hold a
vote (whcih includes participation from non-developers in the user
community) to see which one we prefer to use on a long term basis.

Does that seem acceptable to everyone, or is the reality that moving from
IRC is really unpalatable to everyone?

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 08:28:21AM +1100, Nyall Dawson wrote:
>
> > Have you ever used http://webchat.freenode.net/ ? It's horrible. Try
> > using it on a mobile and you'll see what I mean ;)
>
> I find chatting on a mobile horrible on itself.
> Touchscreen keyboards are a nightmare!
>
> --strk;

 * Desktop GIS programming services
 * Geospatial web development