[Qgis-psc] Chat unification

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Nov 9 06:26:46 PST 2015

Hi

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> Can I clarify:
>
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 2:55 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:
>>
>> 1) We stick with IRC for now and look at embedding a skinned version of
>> kiwiirc on our site to make it easily accessible for our users.
>>

> ​+ We deactivate (is that even possible?) the Gitter channel.

​I don't think it is possible and I think we should separate the discussion
of

* "what is the official channel of discussion for QGIS (which we promote on
our website etc)" and
* ​"do we want to stifle any place where QGIS communities gather that is
not on a FOSS platform."

I am for the first (proclaiming our official choice), the second not. If
people want to use gitter it is their choice and we should not impose on
them. GitHub is an open API (yay!) and anyone can build products and
services against it - its what gives us cool stuff like this
http://ghv.artzub.com/#repo=mc&climit=100&user=QGIS

> Best wishes,
> Anita

 * Desktop GIS programming services