[Qgis-psc] MIgration to Py3: contacting plugin authors?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 11 01:29:04 PST 2015

Hi,

If you want a formal vote, you better do it on Loomio.

The +1/-1 on mailing lists is not very useful and transparent.

Andreas

On 2015-11-11 10:24, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Il 11/11/2015 10:16, Anita Graser ha scritto:
> On Nov 11, 2015 8:59 AM, "Paolo Cavallini" <cavallini at faunalia.it
> <mailto:cavallini at faunalia.it>> wrote:
> Il 10/11/2015 10:33, Nathan Woodrow ha scritto:
>
> I think you are fine.  That is the point of the email address in the end
> anyway otherwise we wouldn't ask.  In the end I think people don't
> really mind if it's not spam so I think it's fine.
>
> So I wouldn't stop doing that if we need to contact authors.
> Thanks again for this, Nathan.
> Can the PSC please take a position on this?

Can you please summarize the motion we should vote on? You mentioned two
options in the previous mail. Which do you want to vote on?
The previous one was on the possibility of creating a mailing list.
The current one is about the possibility for the plugin administrator to
contact authors individually in order to solve issues before publishing
it.
The options are:
* continue as it is
* asking permission to authors to be contacted.
Thanks Anita for helping clarifying it.
All the best.