[Qgis-psc] outstanding issues

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 10:40:26 PST 2015

Dear PSC, good afternoon,

during the dev meeting the attention was raised about one outstanding
issue we have right now in QGIS > 2.8.*.... ftools tools are basically
broken (we have evidence that at least in some case they return wrong
results). I think that will make a resume about this meeting (Werner
if I'm wrong then I can try to do it).

Anyway I would also to raise the attention about two other outstanding
issues, that are not recent and that I think need to be addressed as
soon as possible (before the next LTR release) and with enough advance
to allow test the fixes in a proper way. What am I speaking about?

* qgis still computes wrong areas when OTF is on, see for example:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13209

this is one of the problems with areas, the others being that areas
are always computed in square meters even if the CRS is in feet, and
the other is that in virtual columns areas are always computed on a
plane (ignoring ellipsoid configuration)

* shapefile with geometries edited in qgis (deleted, splitted, etc)
are unusable in other gis packages, see:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11007

as I said this are not recent issues, and in my point of view very very bad.

cheers!

-- g --