[Qgis-psc] outstanding issues

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:34:30 PST 2015

Hi!

I tested 2.8.* 2.10 2.12 and master .. And with the attached testcase
the correct result was only visible to the user with 2.8.* ..
Hope the testproject will get through the list ..

Tested the intersect tool in QGIS(ftools) and processing. Same result.
And I am pretty sure that this happens elsewhere too.
So as Luigi said - the users are currently getting wrong results (or
lets summarize it as "half the truth" :) ) presented.
Since 2.8.3 at least the intersect tool is affected and QGIS should
communicate that .. IMHO I would prefer a crash than getting results I
cannot rely on.

Hope my testfiles are useful.

regards
Werner

On 19/11/15 23:13, Luigi Pirelli wrote:
> Hi Nyall
>
> as reported by Giovanni in the first thread mail and confirmed by
> Werner during Hackmeeting... I don't know if they tested in master
> (I suppose they did)
>
> Giovanni and Werner have a test data set to stress FTools in the
> new geometry engine context. I don't know if they added this test
> data set in a issue. Thre focus of the thread, imho is 1) what to
> do with the current distributed ftool (How awaring users of
> problem) 2) plan a solution to fix it
>
> cheers Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com