[Qgis-psc] Sourcepole offer to port QGIS vector analysis tool to QGIS master

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 12:36:21 PST 2015

On 27 November 2015 at 00:53, Vincent Picavet (ml)
<vincent.ml at oslandia.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 26/11/2015 14:08, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>> Hi Vincent,
>>
>> While I agree with you generally - please keep in mind that the
>> situation is a bit different here. Sourcepole developed this
>> functionality already (because their customers needed more reliable
>> analysis functions) and we (QGIS.ORG) did not know about this
>> development. It wasn't coordinated. Also, no customer from Sourcepole
>> paid for it. It was their investment.
>
> Yes, I do understand that the situation is odd, and that it would be an
> exception to a general way of doing things.

Regardless of whether Sourcepole have already written an
implementation of this, I would still very much like to see it opened
up for alternative offers (if this all goes ahead, that is).

There's other developers/companies who would be interested in
submitting competing proposals for this, and QGIS should use its
limited funding to obtain the best value/most complete implementation.

Nyall