[Qgis-psc] Investments

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Thu Nov 26 13:14:59 PST 2015

Hi Giovanni

> On 26 Nov 2015, at 12:00, Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

>> So you are thinking of fTools, or have there been any other cases so far?
>

> by they way: where do we stand after the recent ftools fix?
>
> I still continue to think that they must be rewritten, because the bad
> bug is gone, but the tools are still pretty useless for any serious
> work (too slow, no cancel button, arguably
> results in some cases, wrong results in others). Is this still the plan?

Yes I am in favour of having it replaced by 2.14 - if we have to (co)fund it ourselves or a developer wants to crowd fund it, or SP wants to crowd fund it and contribute it back to QGIS, all are acceptable outcomes for me.

In the pipeline of things I want to propose is that we increase the LTR supported period to two years, but I would not like to see QGIS sit with a poorly working fTools for the next 2 years.