[Qgis-psc] Working on pull requests

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Sep 10 08:10:35 PDT 2015

On 09/10/2015 04:28 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 12:16:27PM +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
>> On 09/10/2015 11:11 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
>>> Something simple for a start could be:
>>>
>>>  "incomplete" for PR that are are missing a testcase or otherwise
>>>               known to be a work in progress
>>>  "ready" for PR that are formally ready to be merged
>>>
>>> What do you think ?
>>>
>>> --strk;
>> I am in favor of using label, they are a great way to classify things.
>> It's just that the last time I introduced labels they were deleted and I
>> am not aware of the reason.
>>
>> I think it's good to be able to assign "incomplete" but I am not sure of
>> "ready". Labels can only be assigned by core-committers and if one of
>> them thinks it's ready he can as well just merge it.
> I was thinking "ready" as in "ready for review" by someone with
> experience in the field the patch is touching. A kind of second level
> review:
>
>  0. PR is submitted
>  1. PR is formally valid (does not contain a zillion commits or
>     back-meges, includes testcases, makes travis happy)
>  2. PR is reviewed (confirmed to be good to merge)

I think we should try to keep it as simple as possible.
If somebody is assigned he's responsible, no matter the state. If he
think he's not he can reassign it to somebody else. We can maybe rethink
this label once we have formalized criteria for "ready" but -1 from me
right now.
I.e. I think assigning somebody is more valuable than the label.

The main thing I want is the "incomplete"/"poc"/"prototype" label to tag
pull requests which are only there for travis or curious people.

-- Matthias