[Qgis-psc] Code signing for Mac version

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Sep 29 10:07:34 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:45:40AM -0600, Larry Shaffer wrote:

> Currently there is no code signing of drag-drop applications or package
> installers for QGIS, so users have to switch away from the recommended
> default setting to allow any installation (see attachment).
>
> Code signing setup requires:
>
> * Mac developer account with Apple (~$99 USD/year)

> * Should code singing be done? (obviously +1 from me)

To me those who want to use Free Software should get to undersand what
it means and thus do not rely on trusting Apple as the provider of
the binary software they use.

I hope there's a way for mac owners to add trust of other authorities,
say for example OSGeo.org, if this is not the case I'd rather see
those users pay for downloading a signed version. 100 USD for copy
might be a good price for that.

--strk;