[Qgis-psc] Resignation

Gary Sherman gsherman at geoapt.com
Tue Sep 29 12:47:10 PDT 2015

Greetings,

The last several years have seen a lot of changes for me on a
professional and personal level. As a result, I haven't been able to
devote the time to the QGIS project that it deserves.

For this reason, I am stepping down as Chair of the PSC, effective
immediately. I will gladly accept an honorary emeritus position on the
new QGIS.ORG board once established, but will not serve in any official
capacity.

The current leadership of QGIS has done an outstanding job directing the
project in my unofficial absence.

I can't begin to express the gratitude to all involved with the project
and continue to be amazed at the leaps and bounds made with each
release. It's a testament to open source that a humble project
originating in a small hovel in Alaska has spread throughout the world
with a fervor. QGIS is what it is today because of *all* those involved.

Respectfully,

-gary

--
Gary Sherman