[Qgis-psc] Resignation

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Tue Sep 29 13:15:28 PDT 2015

Hi Gary

> On 29 Sep 2015, at 21:47, Gary Sherman <gsherman at geoapt.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> The last several years have seen a lot of changes for me on a professional and personal level. As a result, I haven't been able to devote the time to the QGIS project that it deserves.
>
> For this reason, I am stepping down as Chair of the PSC, effective immediately. I will gladly accept an honorary emeritus position on the new QGIS.ORG board once established, but will not serve in any official capacity.
>
> The current leadership of QGIS has done an outstanding job directing the project in my unofficial absence.
>
> I can't begin to express the gratitude to all involved with the project and continue to be amazed at the leaps and bounds made with each release. It's a testament to open source that a humble project originating in a small hovel in Alaska has spread throughout the world with a fervor. QGIS is what it is today because of *all* those involved.

Personally I can say that the work you have done to bring QGIS to the world has changed my life for the better squared and can only thank you profusely for the time and effort and camaraderie you have shared with us through the years. I hope the PSC / QGIS Board will always feel like home to you and your place within it as honorary QGIS board member for life is assured.

My very best wishes

Tim