[Qgis-psc] Code signing for Mac version

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Wed Sep 30 00:52:02 PDT 2015

On 30-09-15 00:36, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> On 30 September 2015 at 02:45, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:
>
>> The questions are:
>>
>> * Should code singing be done? (obviously +1 from me)
>
> Sounds like a great idea to me. I'm no fan of Apple, but I can see the
> harm which is caused to our project by the current state of the OSX
> releases. Anything that makes it easier for users to test & give
> feedback re the OSX builds BEFORE a release gets my support!

I'll second this (not being an Apple fan), it is funny we pay Apple
money to give our QGIS users a better FOSS experience.
BUT we want good FOSS even on Apple.
No flaming here: just let do this (as qgis.org).

IF we host the packages ourselves, we can at least give the downloaders
a popup like current windows users, in which we can make a statement
(Tim you are much better in this wording...) like: Apple users, the
project had to pay money for you to get a good installer, please
consider a donation to give back... (and consider moving to Linux ;-) )

Regards,

Richard