[Qgis-psc] Code signing for Mac version

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Sep 30 15:07:03 PDT 2015

Hi

> On 30 Sep 2015, at 10:29, Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net> wrote:
>
> To sign code they sell code-signing certificates [0] for 175 euro per
> year or 429 per 3

Ok - so the Apple cert is still cheaper then.

>>> IF we host the packages ourselves, we can at least give the downloaders
>>> a popup like current windows users, in which we can make a statement
>>> (Tim you are much better in this wording...) like: Apple users, the
>>> project had to pay money for you to get a good installer, please
>>> consider a donation to give back... (and consider moving to Linux ;-) )

I think the situation is the same as for windows users, and we should just use the same donation hint and approach / wording. It will be interesting to know how many OS X downloads there are in the course of this too...

—

* Desktop GIS programming services
* Geospatial web development
* GIS Training