[Qgis-psc] Processing test framework

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Feb 3 08:13:50 PST 2016

Dear PSC,

The processing test framework did make good progress [1]

* The test generators have been put in place, so the tests can be
controlled with a yaml file
* Several fuzzy comparison options have been implemented (epsilon for
geometries coords, epsilon for attributes...)
* A lot of cmake magic to put everything into place
* Generation of point/line/(multi-)polygon datasets with null geometries
and touching each other (see ftools regression after new geometry methods)
* QgsVectorFileWriter is now able to produce geometry collections as output
* Fixed several bugs in processing, qgis geometry engine and gdal (null
geometry support for geojson)
* A lot of reviewing and discussion of improvements to the parameters
tests by Michael Kirk (a really good developer!)
* Other things which I don't remember right now
* Improve a raster comparison hash method originally develoed by Victor
(but no tests for this yet since I didn't find any suitable raster
algorithms in the qgis algs)
* Implementation of a gui interface that helps people to generate tests
directly from their processing history by rightclicking an entry

My main focus was on vector algorithms so far and I have spent a lot of
time already on this (more than planned originally). I will have to
leave further optimisation of this to the community.

Best regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kuhn