[Qgis-psc] QGIS international conference organization - better in the open?

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Mon Feb 15 06:39:51 PST 2016

On 15/02/16 13:16, Tim Sutton wrote:
> [...]
>>         will cover creating a Postgis schema from ER/UML diagram and
>>         creating a QGIS project with relations, forms, nested forms,
>>         transactions and proper widgets.
>>
>>         Andreas

>>>         agreed fully.
>>>         thanks Andreas for your thought.
>>

>>     ​ Yes Andreas that makes sense. I think we need to develop some
>>     general workflows for running the conference, regardless of who /
>>     where it is hosted, so that would be a good goal for 2017.
>>
>>     LLuis is there a public place to look at the submissions?
>>
>>     Regards
>>
>>     Tim ​
>     Hi everyone,
>
>     If there are no objections, I have no problem to add a new section
>     ("Already submitted presentations" or so), on the "call for
>     presentations" page, where I can list the ones (#8) I received up
>     to day. The same can be applied to workshops..
>
>     Moreover, we are going to annouce the extened deadline for
>     submitting new proposals until next February 22nd.
>
>     Does it work for you?
>

> ​ That sounds perfect thanks!
>
> Regards
>
> Tim ​
>

>     Cheers,
>     Lluís

>>     --
>>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>     Tim Sutton
>>     Visit http://kartoza.com to find out about open source:
>>      * Desktop GIS programming services
>>      * Geospatial web development
>>     * GIS Training
>>     * Consulting Services
>>     Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
>>     <http://freenode.net/>
>>     Tim is a member of the QGIS Project Steering Committee
>>     -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>     Kartoza is a merger between Linfiniti and Afrispatial
>

>     --
>     *Lluís Vicens*
>     Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica
>     -
>     Universitat de Girona
>     *SIGTE*
>     -
>     Pl. Ferrater Mora 1
>     17071 Girona
>     Tel +34 972 418 039 <tel:%2B34%20972%20418%20039> (7025 intern)
>     lluis at sigte.udg.edu <mailto:lluis at sigte.udg.edu>
>
>     http://www.sigte.udg.edu
>     Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG

> Tim Sutton
> Visit http://kartoza.com <http://kartoza.com/> to find out about open
> source:
>  * Desktop GIS programming services
>  * Geospatial web development
> * GIS Training
> * Consulting Services
> Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
> <http://freenode.net/>
> Tim is a member of the QGIS Project Steering Committee
> Kartoza is a merger between Linfiniti and Afrispatial

Submitted presentations:
http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/conferencia-qgis/
Submitted workshops:
http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/workshops-qgis/

As you can see I omitted the author names in the submission list, before
the selection process is taking place. Do you agree on that point?

New deadline: February 22nd
Feel free to spread the spread the word

--
*Lluís Vicens*
Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica
-
Universitat de Girona
*SIGTE*
-