[Qgis-psc] Call for Presentations and Workshops. 2nd Int. QGIS Conference, May 2016

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Wed Feb 17 03:12:05 PST 2016

On 10/02/16 19:14, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> Hi all,

>> Ok, so just to be clear:
>>
>> Hackfest attendees that are also Workshop presenters at the QGIS Conference
>> = Free entrance
>> Hackfest attendees that aren't Workshop presenters at the QGIS Conference =
>> Fee payment*
> Am I right that presenters (not Workshop presenter) also should pay fee?

Dear Alexander,

Sorry for my late reply. I marked your email as "pending to answer", and
right now Tim makes me realize that I didn't answered to it yet. My
apologizes.

Regarding to your question, the main idea is that the hack fest
participants that are also workshop presenters, they automatically have
a free entrance to the Conference (because if you are a workshop
instructor then you have a free pass). At the same time, we are looking
for sponsorship in order to be able to offer a free entrance or free
pass to the Conference, to all of those developers that want to be
actively involved in the hack fest. By now, we can offer 30 free passes
for the conference for those developers who are willing to also
participate in the hack fest, until we look for more sponsorship.

The way to proceed is:

a) Register in the 15th QGIS developer Meeting wiki page [1] (you
already done it)

b) Register in the Conference Website (individual ticket) [2].

c) Send an email to infojornadas at sigte.org pointing out your name, in
order to modify your registration profile from «Individual ticket» to
«Free pass».

Considering that we can offer 30 free passes by now (now there are
already 30 registrations on the wiki), it should be the QGIS board of
directors (or the responsibles of the QGIS hack fest), who should be in
charge to validate the candidate.

[1]
https://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/15th_QGIS_Developer_Meeting_in_Girona_Spain_2015
[2] http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/inscripcion/

Cheers,
Lluís

--
*Lluís Vicens*
Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica

http://www.sigte.udg.edu
Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG