[Qgis-psc] Grant Applications form for review

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Jul 24 14:43:42 PDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at qgis.org> wrote:
​​

> On 24 Jul 2016, at 9:39 AM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:
> ​Thanks for preparing this! I think we should be more specific about what
> we expect ​in the "proposal details" - maybe provide a rough outline (could
> be multiple input fields rather than one big one).
>
> Did you have suggestions for what should be asked from applicants? I was
> going for a more simple approach where applicants can just describe what it
> is they will do...

I was thinking along the lines of:

- What would you like to do?
- What's the current status of this issue?
- ​What's your experience with the topic so far?
​- What's the approximate schedule / expected amount of work?

I think these - and probably other questions - would be helpful in case we
get applications from people whom we don't know too well. It's easier for
everyone involved if the minimum required information is specified instead
of having to go through multiple rounds of back and forth questions.

​If you think that only well-known community members will apply, this might
not be necessary though ... ​

There should also be some words about how the successful applications will
> be selected.
>
> Ok is it agreed that this will be done by the PSC and if needed we will
> consult with the developer / docs community when more technical evaluation
> is replied?

​+1​

​Best wishes,
Anita