[Qgis-psc] Grant Applications form for review

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Mon Jul 25 01:15:39 PDT 2016

Hi

> On 25 Jul 2016, at 9:15 AM, Neumann, Andreas <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> Thanks - I just added more ideas to the list and added a new widget to submit a link to an already existing proposal (e.g. QEP, blog post, etc.). Quite a few people already have proposals online but no funders ...

Ok cool thanks

> I think I proposed 20k Euros instead of 10k Euros. Given that it will be some bureaucracy around the selection of the prososals I would propose to have a larger amount allocated so we can potentially select 2-4 proposals instead of just 1 or 2.

If there is 20k, even better from my point of view!

> About the selection of the proposals: I would like to see our community voters and QGIS user group representatives vote on the selection of the proposals - not just the PSC. It would make the process more transparent and democratic and give them an actual useful task and some influence on the project. Otherwise this group of voters isn't used much really - other than maybe approving what the PSC does and eventually approving and reelecting the PSC. Having such a task for this group of voters would make the process more interesting and help to establish our structures. What do you think?

Yes if we use the community members to vote on it that will be great. We still need to figure out how to orchestrate such voting in order to make the administration of it not too much of a nightmare. I guess we set up an invite only loomio group for voting member polls, or I go and polish up the voting module we have been working on in the changelog app to make it ready for using in this kind of situation. I guess by the time all the applications come in we can have something in place to handle the voting.

Regarding emails in the proposals - yes I guess we can figure something out.