[Qgis-psc] Proceeding with ballot for QGIS Community Voting members

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Fri Jul 29 16:15:25 PDT 2016

Hi All

Ok just to let you know I have sent out the voting forms (taking into account feedback from this thread). The forms were sent to individuals who have commit rights in any QGIS repo. If you are aware of anyone who is not in receipt of a voting invite who should be, please let me know. There are also a few users whose emails I could not track down - please help me with these if you can:

embelding <https://github.com/orgs/qgis/people/embelding>
Dany Laksono <>
Eva Shon
Matteo (need to clarify which Matteo)
Mathias Walker <>
Niccolo Rigacci <>
rudithiede  <https://github.com/orgs/qgis/people/rudithiede><>
samleepan  <https://github.com/orgs/qgis/people/samleepan>
Sergey Yakushev <>
Kayama Yoichi <>
Yulka Plekhanova
Konstantinos Nikolaou <>,

Thanks,

> On 29 Jul 2016, at 11:18 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
>> On 25 Jul 2016, at 11:11 AM, DelazJ <delazj at gmail.com <mailto:delazj at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I wonder if each voter should pick 12 people or up to 12 people. Having to pick 12 people could lead some voters to choose people they would not want to vote for, because they had less than 12 people in the list they think they "deserve" this role.
>
> Hmm on the one hand if you are actively engaged in the community, I would hope that you would recognise at least 12 names in the list. But I do see your point - I will set it to  not require 12 but allow up to 12 votes.
>
>> Hoping that it doesn't complicate the process...
>>
>> Then, could sound like a basic question, but: Can a voter pick himself in the list?
>
> Like a recursive function? I leave it to the voters to decide if that is a coding pattern they want to use.
>
> PS The ballots should go out this weekend....
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>

>> Thanks for reviving this process,
>> Harrissou

>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> Thanks for preparing it - I agree with Nyall and Martin that each voter should pick 12 people.
>>
>> This should only require second/third rounds if there are ties at the end of the list across the 12th/13th place on the list.
>>
>> Looking forward to have this group established.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andreas
>>
>> On 2016-07-25 02:12, Martin Dobias wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all

>>> I agree with Nyall this would make more sense and it should be faster
>>> to get the voting done.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Martin
>

> <KartozaNewLogoThumbnail.jpg>
>

> Tim Sutton
>
> Co-founder: Kartoza
> Project chair: QGIS.org <http://qgis.org/>
>
> Visit http://kartoza.com <http://kartoza.com/> to find out about open source:
>
> Desktop GIS programming services
> Geospatial web development
> GIS Training
> Consulting Services
>
> Skype: timlinux
> IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net <http://freenode.net/>
>
> Kartoza is a merger between Linfiniti and Afrispatial

—

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Project chair: QGIS.org