[Qgis-psc] QGIS 2.16 sponsored bugfixing report

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 22:59:06 PDT 2016

I've just exhausted my allocated time for QGIS 2.16 bug fixing. During
this time I've fixed a bunch of stuff, including a few blockers +
cleared most of the outstanding issues filed against vector joins.
Here's the full list (sorted by priority):

- Fix broken projective transform in georeferencer (#14551 - severe)
- Fix selecting features by radius fails (#14748 - severe)
- Fix incorrect area calculation for polygon (#14675 - severe,
although very unlikely to occur. Unit tests added to cover this edge
case)
- Fix dock widget layout (#15011 - severe)
- Fix crash in arrow symbol layer (unreported)
- Fix crash when creating invalid join (unreported)

- Fix parameterised SVGs not shown for composer arrow items (#14997 - high)
- Classifications on joined fields should only consider values which
are matched to layer's features (#9051 - high)
- Always use string comparison in expressions for string fields (#13204 - high)
- Fix home dir being added as default svg and template path (#14662,
#14652, #14883 - high)
- Fix crash when using inverted polygons with heatmap renderer (#14968 - high)

- Save raster symbology values with full precision (#14950 - normal)
- Actions are not enabled when loading layer with default style
(#13910 - normal)
- Remove "attribute table" text from dialog title (#14959 - normal)
- Fix cannot deactivate customization widget catcher (#9732 - normal)
- Fix arrow symbol layer head width/height flipped (#15002 - normal)
- Fix joins are not recreated when loading project with bad layers
(#10500 - normal)
- Invalidate join cache when layer is modified (#11140 - normal)
- Correctly support joins using virtual fields (#14820 - normal)
- Fix virtual fields which depend on other virtual fields may not be
calculated in some circumstances (#14939 - normal)
- Fix rule based labels not shown when using python expression
functions (#14985 - normal)
- Auto refresh when symbol levels changed in style dock (#14861 - normal)
- Fix style dock button not synced to dock state (#14862 - normal)
- Fix issues rendering SVG with text (#14644, #14794 - normal)
- Ensure data defined button displayed fields are always up to date
(#14809 - normal)
- Fix cannot set shortcut for zoom in (#14958 - normal)
- Fix inverted polygons and displacement renderer don't allow right
click on legend items (#14966 - normal)
- Fix inverted polygon & displacement renderer don't show color wheel
in legend menu (#14967 - normal)
- Add missing proxies for legend check behaviour to subrenderers for
inverted polygon and displacement renderers (unreported)

- Fix joined attributes can't be used in filter expressions (#13176 - low)
- Show WKB type in vector layer metadata (unreported)
- Add missing capabilities strings to layer metadata (unreported)
- Fix debug noise when using 25D geometry layers (unreported)
- Fix some status bar widgets could not be hidden via customisation (unreported)
- Make styling widget live apply remember setting (unreported)
- Don't show constraint messages when form is in search mode (unreported)
- Show scrollbars for attribute form as identify results (unreported)
- Make style dock Apply button always enabled (unreported)
- Fix some missing auto updates from style dock (unreported)

I also forward ported a bunch of fixes from Sourcepole's fork.

Note that I could potentially fit in 1 or 2 days before release if
desired. I'll be moving house over the next week but could still slot
in some hours here and there.

Thanks once again for including me in this work!

Cheers,
Nyall