[Qgis-psc] Moving tickets to GitHub - status update?

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 07:19:14 PDT 2016

On 06/20/2016 03:53 PM, Yves Jacolin wrote:
> On Monday, June 20, 2016 14:47:50 Giovanni Manghi wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> I was just wondering what the status of the talks about moving to GitHub
>>> for tickets is.  I understand that Matthias has done a good job on
>>> creating a script to bring over current tickets without much data loss.
>>> Was there any more talk at the hackfest?
>> speaking of this matter,
>> a couple of days ago during the local QGIS user meeting we noticed
>> that now to get an OSGeo ID (necessary from Redmine login) is
>> necessary to go beforehand on the #osgeo IRC channel and ask a (not
>> specified) sydadmin a "mantra", to be subsequently used to create the
>> osgeo id. Sounds cumbersome(?).
> FYI, note that you can ask everywhere on #QGIS IRC channel or the list. We are
> several on these lists also able to give this mantra.
>
> The process is really easy.
oh come on !

1. qgis doc says go on osgeo to get a login
2. osgeo says go on irc (wtf is it?)
3. irc asks to prove you're not a computer (osgeo couldn't do it directly?)
4. then you end up on a irc channel to ask for a mantra (wtf is it?)

I just gave it a try on irc.
5. I had to wait 6 minutes for Sandro to reply (thanks and sorry for the
trap) and....
6. he asked me to send him a mail and prove my interest to OSGEO....

I stopped the test here. Not mentionning the old wiki page pointing to a
404 error [0]

I wouldn't call this easy
It's either a nasty joke or the best way to have 0 issue reported by new
users.

[0] https://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis