[Qgis-psc] QGIS 2.16 sponsored bugfixing report

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:08:32 PDT 2016

Hi Matthias,

> Can you give us a short list of what is most important

to me regressions are all important, and as far I can see the issues
in the severe list are all confirmed.

what seems more important to me:

this is pretty serious (you must test avoid intersection against
features with many nodes)
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/14849

it seems there are issues with snapping
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13952
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/14975

Processing, I see this 100% in my Windows VM
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/14648
but maybe is just me(?).

This
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/14974
has been confirmed after a similar issue has been fixed
https://hub.qgis.org/issues/14928

This has been reopened in the last hours
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11007
and is a very worrisome one... in fact I was very surprised when  a
user also reported it to me because I was sure it
was fixed. Seems to have resurfaced in 2.14.3 and possibly master.

and several others that are not definitely edge cases.

> (I'm not sure
> that a bug for deprecated fTools is severe)?
> I have some time left.

sure, but the last time I checked also Processing/ftools was affected.
This issues are still unresolved: we have geoprocessing tools
returning silently wrong results and as far as I remember from Las
Palmas the idea was to have them fixed, have them
throw a clear warning or get rid of them.

cheers!

-- G --