[Qgis-psc] Moving tickets to GitHub - status update?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Jun 21 23:34:57 PDT 2016

Hi Jeff

On 06/21/2016 09:07 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Funny, I've been around so long that I lived through MapServer's initial
> use of Bugzilla (still many of the hardcore miss all that
> functionality), CVS repository (I made thousands of doc commits through
> CVS ha, someone should give me an award for that, plus doing it all in
> docbook and stylesheets, oh my), SVN (easiest and my fav), Trac (again
> easy and also my fav), to Git/Github (like going to a dentist to use,
> but it seems some like going to the dentist).  As the MapServer
> documentation lead through all of that, I can tell you that Github has
> made doc commits (darn 'pushes' and 'pulls') more frequent, so, there
> you go, I can't say anything bad against it :)

Just to be sure, you are not mixing up the versioning system and the
issue tracker? Our documentation is on git (push/pull etc) alongside the
code for a long time already.

What we are discussing here is only the issue tracker itself (web
interface/categorization/tags). Which could be the ice cream after
tonsillectomy :)

Matthias