[Qgis-psc] Adding QWC2 repository to QGIS.ORG github

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Nov 21 13:20:26 PST 2016

On 21-11-16 17:43, Neumann, Andreas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sandro from Sourcepole was busy working on a first version of QGIS web
> client 2. QWC2 is a successor of the QWC1 project, and is based on
> modern technology, such as OpenLayers 3, ReactJS, NodeJS and based on
> work by MapStore 2 (Geosolutions). The viewer is fully responsive and
> works well on different devices.
>
> See https://github.com/sourcepole/qwc2 , https://github.com/sourcepole/qwc2-demo-app
>
> http://qwc2.sourcepole.ch/ is a demo installation, although not fully
> finished/tested yet.
>
> It is planned that other companies or organizations will contribute to
> the project and I would like to add QWC2 to the official QGIS.ORG github
> project, just like we did with QWC1.
>
> Can you please let me know if you agree with that?
>
> If yes, I will later ask Pirmin to move the repo.

Hi Andreas,

I attended the presentations about MapStore2 in Bonn.

I think it has a lot of potential, both as a shared web client project
usable by QGIS(server) and Geoserver, and as a genuinly open source
project for a generic webclient based on modern technologies.
Also the fact that (hopefully) QGISserver could be used as printserver
is pretty cool.

So I would welcome the project in the QGIS Github repo, and I think and
hope that sourcepole can ignite this project to become a success.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde