[Qgis-psc] Adding QWC2 repository to QGIS.ORG github

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 22 00:37:06 PST 2016

Hi Tim,

> +1 from me - nice work Sourcepole! I was poking around at the config files - where do you actually point it at your QGIS Server / Project instance?

There is a clear separation between the QWC components where you don't
need to configure anything (https://github.com/sourcepole/qwc2) and the
application where you need to configure
(https://github.com/sourcepole/qwc2-demo-app). There you need to edit
your files.

Note that you don't call GetProjectSettings directly, but run " npm run
themesconfig" during a preparation step - see also
https://github.com/sourcepole/qwc2-demo-app - this results in better
performance compared to calling GetProjectSettings every time, since the
project configuration is cached.

Configuration of foreground services and tiled background layers happens
in themesConfig.json
(https://github.com/sourcepole/qwc2-demo-app/blob/master/themesConfig.json)

I am new to the project as well. I haven't set up my own instance yet -
so please forward any questions you have to the qgis-developers list.

There are a couple of local govs (communities, provinces) involved in
different countries, so I expect know-how to be established over the
next 1-3 months, when these organizations will start testing/configuring
QWC2 in parallel with QWC1.

Greetings,