[Qgis-psc] Voting on revised charter

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Nov 24 03:06:34 PST 2016

Hi Tim,

Regarding voting:

We never really had a voting of the board in the past. It was kind of
who was engaged and committed at the early or right times got into the
PSC. We need to "correct" this.

I think, this time we should start from a plain field - from zero (empty
board). Everybody should have a chance to get on the PSC and on the
board - not just existing members.

We just have to define how many seats the PSC will have for the next
period and give everybody a chance to be a candidate. The board is
defined in the revised charter (if accepted) as being three people
(chair, vice-chair, treasurer). That's clear.

So we should put out a message and ask if there are interested
candidates who want to run for a seat on the PSC and/or board.

And we should define how many seats there are on the PSC.

Would you agree with that?

Andreas