[Qgis-psc] New mailing list for QGIS voting members

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Oct 5 23:42:37 PDT 2016

On 06-10-16 07:42, Neumann, Andreas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose to open a new mailing list for voting members (community,
> OSGEO, user group, honorable members) where the PSC/board can
> communicate with them - e.g. for announcements of votes, discussions,
> annual general meetings, etc.
>
> Mostly organizational stuff that is probably not so interesting for the
> whole lists of users/devs.
>
> The other reason is, that it would be a central management of our voting
> members. Otherwise it is quite hard to not forget someone when one sends
> out private messages. And it would be a clear separation of discussions
> around the QGIS.ORG organisation.
>
> Do you agree that such a mailing list would be useful? If yes, I would
> also propose that PSC members who are not voting members, should also be
> on this lists, to stay informed.

Hi Andreas,

We just removed some sleeping mailing list and we already have (too?)
many communication channels, so I would be carefull to start a new one.
Fragmenting communication is hard to fight I think.

What about using the 'community' list for that. I mean PSC and voting
members are not more special, or should not be more informed then the
rest of community I think?

If we agree to use the community list for this kind of
'community-related' discussions we can revive that list?

my 2 cents, regards,

Richard