[Qgis-psc] Voting on the QGIS grant proposals

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Sep 19 06:02:02 PDT 2016

Hi Tim (and others),

Do we have a plan how to deal with voting on the grant proposals? Would
each voter be able to pick combinations of grants that in total do not
surpass 20k? (with some tolerance or hard limit?)

How to deal with dependencies / priorities among the proposals? E.g.
Nyall told me that his "Implement a flexible properties framework in
QGIS" proposal would be a prerequisite for his "Print Composer Rewrite"
proposal. So the latter wouldn't make much sense without the former.

Also - will we keep the list around to pick from proposals that did not
make it into the first round of accepted proposals so we can reconsider
them at a later time?

Finally, I would like to remark that some of the documentation / PyQGIS
cookbook related proposals could be funded anyway (besided the QGIS
grants) - from our budget around documentation/PyQGIS documentation.
E.g. Martins 2k EUR PyQGIS cookbook proposal could be handled from the
existing budget.

Greetings,