[Qgis-psc] Discussion on the QGIS grant proposals

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Sep 21 23:51:41 PDT 2016

Hi Andreas

Do you think it is necessary to discuss the proposals in a mailing list
before voting? The voting members should have access to the project
descriptions and they are familiar with the QGIS project.

There might be the problem that good proposals from people without
community networking are rejected (similar as it happens in politics
that good ideas are not considered because the major political parties
do not support them).

Regards,
Marco

On 09/22/16 07:19, Neumann, Andreas wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wonder, now that voting on QGIS grants proposals are open, if we
> should do a short discussion on what we got.
>
> I personally have an opinion on the grants, which I would be willing
> to share if you care and think it is appropriate.
>
> This would be in the tradition of the Swiss democracy, where, at the
> beginning of each voting period, each stakeholder (e.g. a group of
> people or a political party) gets some room to share opinions. The
> opinions of the stakeholders are collected and jointly published with
> the opinion of the Swiss government - in a printed brochure (not that
> I ask for a printed brochure ;-) - just explaining how this works in
> Switzerland).
>
> If you think it is useful - what would be a good mailing list to
> discuss it? QGIS developers list? I assume that most community members
> are on the qgis-developer list, but maybe not all QGIS user group
> representatives? Should we cross-post this on the QGIS-user and
> qgis-developer mailing list or would this forum be too big and it
> should be restricted to the members who can vote?
>
> What is your opinion?
>
> Andreas

Dr. Marco Hugentobler