[Qgis-psc] Question about logo trademark use

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Thu Aug 24 23:56:06 PDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi PSC,
>
> Just a question about valid use of the QGIS logo.
>
> If I was to make some merchandise (e.g. mugs) for handing out at a
> user event, with the North Road logo on one side and the QGIS logo on
> the other, is that acceptable? Or considered a trademark violation? Or
> just generally against the spirit of the logo use?

​Hi Nyall,

I think that's perfectly fine.

​http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/trademark/index.html states:

"If you provide services (support, development) on QGIS, you can use QGIS
trademark to describe or advertise your services or products relating to
QGIS, provided this is done in a way that is not misleading
​"​

"You can also make merchandise with QGIS trademark for commercial usage. In
case of commercial usage, we recommend that you truthfully advertise to
customers which part of the selling price, if any, will be donated to the
QGIS project. See our donations page for more information on how to donate
to the QGIS project
​"

Regards,
Anita​