[Qgis-psc] QGIS issue-tracker: only osgeo-login or also QGIS-local logins?

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 14:04:10 PDT 2017

Hi,

Do we have any metrics on the people that went away from issue reporting
because of the mantra mechanism? Any idea if the issues those people didn't
report have not been reported by others, later? Would they be really active
reporters (with feedbacks), once they have made their report if they are
not enough patient for a mantra request (note that I didn't request any and
actually don't how the procedure is, so I might be underestimating the
hassle for the reporter, but anyway...)?
I have no answer for these questions and I assume no one has. But what I
know is:
- there are many issues not yet fixed in Redmine, so unfortunately we are
not lacking issue reports
- QGIS is part of the OSGeo ecosystem and nowadays, one of their
locomotives. Thus imho we have some kind of responsibility to teach the
users, let them know that there's a community of software and philosophy
beyond QGIS. And the unique osgeo login is a nice way. The only thing is
that the osgeo subscription page is a bit not friendly but I hope this will
change with the website rebranding.

About mantras I recall some message asking for more volunteers to help. Do
people from QGIS join the team? (I didn't personally). Was the delay to
deliver the mantra still long?

For what it's worth, my vote is to keep QGIS issue report tied to OSGeo by
using only the unique login and I agree the unique login behavior deserves
to be documented in both sites. But I'm not a QGIS Developer, hence may not
realize how the mantra complicates things for some of us but from a user
perspective, single ID is simply practical, and philosophically
instructive...

my 0.2 cts,
Harrissou
Envoyé depuis mon HTC