[Qgis-psc] Fwd: [Qgis-community-team] Section 508 compliance for QGIS?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Aug 28 06:39:13 PDT 2017

Hi Paolo,

I would assume that, if similar accessibility laws exists in several
countries, there is a quite large overlap of accessibility issues that
applies in several countries. So, perhaps it would make sense to
coordinate a bit cross border?

I have no idea how pressing this issue is in which countries.

Apparently it is an issue with US government agencies. Perhaps, this is,
among other issues, one reason why QGIS has such low penetration in the
US.

Accessibility is also a topic in qt - see
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/accessible.html [1]- and is even issue for us
normal people without disabilities - think about displays with different
resolutions and sizes (scalable UI).

To me, it would be an interesting topic for university research, or
Google summer of code.

Andreas

On 2017-08-28 10:47, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Il 28/08/2017 08:11, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
>
>> Hi PSC, Hi Larry,
>
>> What are your opinions?
>
> IMHO this is something that should be dealt with, nation by nation, by
> the enterprises that provide commercial support. I don't believe we can
> (and possibly should) support this effort.
> All the best.

Links:
------
[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/accessible.html