[Qgis-psc] QGIS 2.18 bug fixing effort

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:21:10 PDT 2017

On 17 May 2017 at 15:38, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi Nyall,
>
> Il 17/05/2017 00:05, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:
>
>> Unfortunately I've got some MAJOR breakage coming soon for processing
>> 3.0 as I finish off the last part of the c++ conversion. It's
>> definitely going to break algorithms, and we'll need lots of testing
>> before release to make sure I can fix any regressions which occur.
>> Things are going to get a lot rougher here before they get better!
>
> AFAIK we have now a test suite that shoudl help with this. Is there much
> missing?
> All the best, and thanks.

It's actually just the shear weight of all the algorithms currently
available. I'll need to disable them all, and then slowly bring them
back online one-by-one as they are ported to the new API. I was
initially trying to do this work "seamlessly", but I'm finding it far
too slow and that I'm making too many compromises in the c++ code to
maintain this approach.

I'd rather go for short term pain and a better platform moving forward :)

Nyall