[Qgis-psc] Performance regressions (was QGIS 2.18 bug fixing effort)

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed May 24 05:04:39 PDT 2017

Hi Nyall, Giovanni,

I wonder if we could have/introduce an automated test suite for checking
performance regressions (e.g. in rendering, table loading, project

Or is something like this already available and I am not aware of it?

Greetings,

Andreas

On 2017-05-24 13:49, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> On 24 May 2017 at 07:24, Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote: So to confirm - these times include the QGIS launch times and the
> layer load time?
>
> yes, I understand is not ideal and can show clearly large differences
> in total qgis start + load layer time.

Just a follow up:

I've tested using Giovanni's dataset and the render times for me
remain more or less static from 2.14.0 -> 2.18.8, taking 18 +/- 1
second. I'm confident there's no regression there (haven't tested
master yet - that still needs doing).

Next up I'll run through a similar set of tests checking layer load
times. It's possible this is where the regression lies.

Nyall