[Qgis-psc] Performance regressions (was QGIS 2.18 bug fixing effort)

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed May 24 05:17:18 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I remember that some other projects (KDE?) implemented something like
this and it wasn't easy. As far as I remember they have put their own
infrastructure into place to have a stable environment where to execute
their tests.

There are a couple of different ways to measure performance (wall clock,
cpu time) and a couple of external constraints (foremost I/O based) that
have a strong effect on performance measurements.

It's gonna be a tough job to get this right and future proof, just not
to underestimate it :)

Matthias