[Qgis-psc] E-Mail to geoSYS/qgis.pro

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Thu Apr 12 05:58:06 PDT 2018

Hi PSC,

I drafted an e-mail message to geoSYS/qgis.pro requesting that they change
their product name and domain name. The e-mail draft is in german language
(probably helps for first contact) and I forwarded the e-mail to
Anita/Jürgen/Marco for checking.

Before I can send the e-mail - we will have to change the rules at
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/trademark/index.html#frequently-asked-questions

Esp. the last Q+A has to be removed or rephrased with our new rules.

Thanks and greetings,
Andreas

BTW: Thomas Schüttenberg from the german QGIS user group had a quick chat
at the FOSSGIS conference with them and told them that we are not happy
with this situation. I guess this is what let them introduce the new
start-page which points either directly QGIS.ORG or alternatively to their
company pages. Of course this is a good start, but doesn't resolve our
issues around their use of the QGIS name and domain registration.

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)