[Qgis-psc] use old logo for 2.18 download

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Apr 16 23:23:14 PDT 2018

On 16-04-18 20:23, Anita Graser wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:12 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde
> <rdmailings at duif.net <mailto:rdmailings at duif.net>> wrote:
>
>     Mmm, just after sending this email, I see that at least for Linux the
>     old logo is (still) used as program icon (see screenshot)...
>
>     Which makes me wonder if we should not just use the old one for
>     downloads then too... (apparently I've been too busy with master/3
>     nowadays...)
>

> ​I'd suggest to leave QGIS 2 with the old logo. This way we have clear
> rules for usage: everything related to QGIS 2 should stick with the old
> logo. Anything related to QGIS 3, new materials, and general project
> stuff should use the new logo.

Hi Anita,

Thanks, to be clear, I'm only talking about the use of the old logo in
the download page https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html#
And then the Windows and Mac downloads which have the logo's there.

I will create a css class 'qgis2-download' with the old icon this evening.

Regards,

Richard