[Qgis-psc] About qgis.pro

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Apr 24 05:07:37 PDT 2018

Il 24/04/2018 14:00, Alessandro Pasotti ha scritto:
> I'd also like the idea of Ujval keeping his domain.
>
> But I'd also like if the next Ujval in the line would be granted the
> same privilege.
>
> Does this mean that anyone who has been a community member for a long
> time can register a .*qgis.*\.* domain?
>

> Btw, what is the minimum amount of time to be considered "long"? (or
> unsigned long maybe)

My personal preference would be if volunteers would register domains
under QGIS.org name, rather than under their own. With this, I'd be
happy if anyone from the community manages such a site.
This could apply also to local domain names. Of course we could allow
plenty of time for the domains already registered (waiting perhaps until
next renewal).
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu