[Qgis-psc] Draft: funding for bugfixing

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Apr 26 02:37:16 PDT 2018

Hi all,
following the discussion in our latest PSC, I prepared a draft letter to
users and potential donors. I'd greatly appreciate your comments, then
we can spam it around.
All the best.
===
Dear QGIS user,
as you know, QGIS 3 has been recently published. This version implied
big changes in the code structure that, in addition to the new
functionalities already exposed, makes our code base more modern and
easier to further expand and improve.
As expected, these changes triggered a series of new issues, that you
the users are helping to discover and document. Our objective is to
eliminate at least the most important of them in time for what will be
our next LTR (3.4, due in October[0]). The resources directly available
from QGIS.ORG funds are limited, and we already invested in QGIS 3.0 far
more than we have done for any earlier version.
This would therefore be the right timing for users, and particularly for
power users, larger institutions and enterprises, to invest in QGIS
bugfixing, and we encourage to do it now. You have a number of different
for the bugs that annoy you most, sponsoring our foundation[2], or
donating[3].
Feel free to contact us for further details if necessary.

[0]https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/roadmap.html#release-schedule
[1]https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sponsorship/sponsorship.html#qgis-sponsorship-program
[2]https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sponsorship/sponsorship.html#qgis-sponsorship-program
[3]https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/donations.html