[Qgis-psc] Draft: funding for bugfixing

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Thu Apr 26 08:20:11 PDT 2018

ah - ok. Different story.

Here is what we spent on bug fixing on the latest releases:

   - 2.14: 16 k
   - 2.16: 20 k
   - 2.18: 22.5 k
   - 3.0: 54 k

But again - you all know that there are hundreds, if not thousands of open
issues. Many of them quite severe ....

But if you add a "target" one would have to have a "tracker" on how the
donations develop in relation to the target somewhere on QGIS.ORG website
(or better in the QGIS splash screen ;-) )

Andreas

On 26 April 2018 at 16:51, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Il 26/04/2018 16:45, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
> > hm - I feel a bit uncomfortable suggesting amounts. It depends so much
> > on the country of the donor on what is reasonable.
> >
> > We had donations from 10 cents up to 1000 and the sponsorship amounts
> > are already well-known, I think.
> >
> > It is also different for private persons vs. professionals vs. the a
> > smaller vs. a larger organization.
> >
> > What would you suggest?
>
> my suggestion here was to put a minimum target to be reached i.e.
> roughly what we have spent for previous versions), not a minimum amount
> per single donation. sorry if I was unclear.
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis