[Qgis-psc] Draft: funding for bugfixing

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Apr 26 11:16:22 PDT 2018

Language tidy up:

Dear QGIS users,

As you know, QGIS 3 has recently been published. This version introduced big changes in the code structure that, in addition to the new
functionalities already exposed, makes our code base more modern and easier to expand and improve on in the future.

As a normal by-product of such a huge overhaul, these changes also triggered a series of new issues, that you, our users are helping to discover and document. Our objective is to eliminate the most important of these issues in time for what will be our next Long Term Release (LTR) - version 3.4. This release is scheduled for October 2018[0]. The resources available from QGIS.ORG <http://qgis.org/> funds are limited, and we have already invested in QGIS 3.0 far more than we have done for any previous version.

Now is those a great time for users, and particularly for power users, larger institutions and enterprises, to invest in QGIS bugfixing. You have a number of different options: donating your developers' time or hiring a developer directly to resolve the bugs that annoy you most, sponsoring our foundation[2], or donating[3] to QGIS.ORG.

Our targets are:

* 20k€ within 2018-05-18 (for 3.2)
* 40k€ within 2018-09-14 (for 3.4)

If you would like to help, feel free to contact us for further details!
---
[0]https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/roadmap.html#release-schedule <https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/roadmap.html#release-schedule>
[1]https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sponsorship/sponsorship.html#qgis-sponsorship-program <https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sponsorship/sponsorship.html#qgis-sponsorship-program>
[2]https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sponsorship/sponsorship.html#qgis-sponsorship-program <https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sponsorship/sponsorship.html#qgis-sponsorship-program>
[3]https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/donations.html <https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/donations.html>