[Qgis-psc] [QGIS-Developer] Bringing back a *highly curated* blocker tag on redmine?

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 02:38:05 PST 2018

Hi Jürgen,

> On Tue, 30. Jan 2018 at 09:09:52 +0000, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
>> * a regression that causes data corruption
>> * a regression that causes qgis to crash
>
> I still don't understand this obsession with regressions ;)

:)

> Any bug that is severe should block the release.  Whether it's a regression or
> not doesn't matter.

I can't agree more :)

> If it's an unavoidable bug in some heavy used thing that is new, it's just as
> blocking as a big bug in known territory.
>
> IMHO a bug in some remote, hardly used function shouldn't block a release -
> even if it's a regression that corrupts data and causes qgis to crash in some
> edge cases.  We'll probably have plenty of those that we don't know of anyway.
>
> To me it's just a matter of the impact on usablity a bug has.  I'd opt for
> common sense instead of setting strict rules.

and again... I agree. In fact the example that I brought here (once
more) was about a basic GIS functionality (that unfortunately despite
being broke hasn't stopped us to make new releases).

For such cases I like the idea of having a mini panel (2 people, maybe
better 3 like 1 developer, a power user and the release manager?) to
untie this cases.

-- Giovanni --