[Qgis-psc] Financial documents

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Feb 11 23:54:15 PST 2018

Dear PSC,

 I prepared the financial documents for the two financial auditors
(Andreas Voigt and Andreas Vonlaufen). Here are the relevant documents:

ACCOUNTING-SPREADSHEET:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VOt4RFJkJ7LaTAnEGmQ2VB1DZT8Q9Ior-b_uBAVP8YQ/edit#gid=606857789

Note the different tabs. The relevant ones are "Income 2017" and
"Expenses 2017". Attention: you have to scroll in the spreadsheet both
horizontally and vertically. Each section has a summary. All the
expenses are linked to the relevant invoices (PDFs) on Google Drive.
Note that I still use the spreadsheet. Hopefully, next year I change to
a professional accounting software (e.g. GnuCash).

SUMMARY EXPENSES/INCOME IN COMPARISON WITH 2017 BUDGET:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18gwm83ENnIqNk0Hul-OlqggTHU4QeTqA-DvPmX8kK88/edit#gid=0
- Note that some assets haven't been budgeted but we had expenses or
some budgeted assets didn't have any expenses.

FINANCIAL REPORT 2017:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iKB6PwOvtR-CFV8G4eePlgjxr-ZSCTYzhXYJBxUqoX4/edit
- Still has to be approved by the two financial auditors (within the
next two weeks) and then finally at the AGM.

BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENTS 2017:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0h3PAH5uoY6ZGVqUE84d21DdGs
There are two bank accounts. The main one from Postfinance and a second
one at Migrosbank. The second one was linked to the old PayPal account
of the Swiss QGIS user group and was only used to transfer PayPal
donations. It was dissolved in December 2017. The new Paypal account is
now directly linked with the Postfinance account.

INVOICES INCOME (RECEIVABLES) (Invoices for Sponsoring, dedicated
contributions for bug fixing, training certificates and payment
confirmations for some donations):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0h3PAH5uoY6WjdOTjR2Yk9mb0E -
are not linked in the accounting spreadsheet

INVOICES EXPENSES (PAYABLES) (bug fixing, QGIS grants, dev meetings,
infrastructures, etc.):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0h3PAH5uoY6U19IV1BHUGNFZEk -
these invoices are directly linked in the accounting spreadsheet

ACCRUED EXPENSES / DEFERRALS: 5 payments with a total of EUR 10'595.26
were paid in January 2018, but work has been done in 2017.

REMARKS CONCERNING PAYPAL: some sponsors paid through PayPal (primarily
sponsors from outside Europe). These sponsorings are listed in the
spreadsheet in the sponsoring section, but substracted from the general
PayPal payment payments. Because of unnecessary currency conversions and
exorbitant transfer fees PayPal keeps on average 8-10% of all payments.
Donations and sponsorships with wire transfer are therefore much
preferred.

SHORTAGE OF € 30.14: If one compares the bank balances (Jan 1 - Dec 31),
income and expenses and takes into account the accrued
expenses/deferrals, there is a shortage of EUR 30.14 (currently under
investigation - probably an inconsistancy with some PayPal transfer)

  I expect the financial auditors to analyze accounting, invoices, bank
account statements, etc. and send a short report, hopefully in the next
two weeks. Then we can propose it to the AGM for acceptance.

Greetings,