[Qgis-psc] Release blog post

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Feb 23 02:16:27 PST 2018

On 23-02-18 09:57, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 22-02-18 20:39, Anita Graser wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've drafted a release blog post for blog.qgis.org
>> <http://blog.qgis.org> for tomorrow. Key messages include: 2.14 is
>> retired, 2.18 is the LTR, and packages are currently being prepared.
>>
>> Please check and add any info you think is relevant.

Hi Anita,

I think it is short and clear.

Should we maybe add our favorite feature screenshot?

Should we maybe add a link to:

https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog3

(where we for now add a few lines like: we are still busy summing up and
creating screenshots for 3.0, please see a preliminary version here:
http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/)

Should we also remove the 'Get Ready for QGIS3 now' banner and replace
it with a QGIS3 release one?

@Anita, do you have a Girona banner available?

I will create a pull request now for the website, and pull it in
whenever something is packaged AND start a rebuild of the website then.
(of if somebody else has it under his mouse, let him speak :-) )

Regards,

Richard