[Qgis-psc] Release blog post

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Fri Feb 23 03:01:48 PST 2018

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:16 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>
wrote:

> On 23-02-18 09:57, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> > On 22-02-18 20:39, Anita Graser wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've drafted a release blog post for blog.qgis.org
> >> <http://blog.qgis.org> for tomorrow. Key messages include: 2.14 is
> >> retired, 2.18 is the LTR, and packages are currently being prepared.
> >>
> >> Please check and add any info you think is relevant.
>
> Hi Anita,
>
> I think it is short and clear.
>
> Should we maybe add our favorite feature screenshot?

​Sure, go ahead and add it.​

Should we maybe add a link to:
> https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog3
> (where we for now add a few lines like: we are still busy summing up and
> creating screenshots for 3.0, please see a preliminary version here:
> http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/)

​Sounds good. I didn't add it yesterday because I thought it wouldn't be
ready in time. ​

Should we also remove the 'Get Ready for QGIS3 now' banner and replace
> it with a QGIS3 release one?
> @Anita, do you have a Girona banner available?

​Yes, I was planning to upload it in the evening but if you want to do it
now, the image is:

​https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XAEwIIgDtOnU-pcJv-EGTCzrL3MiZeAV
​
​Regards,