[Qgis-psc] Successful QGIS Grant Proposals

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 02:55:14 PST 2018

Hi Tim,
my proposal :

----

Various improvements for deep relations with PostgreSQL were successfully
added in QGIS 3.0.

*- CTRL+Z is back in transaction group editing !* We restored the UNDO/REDO
feature and all edits are temporarily saved inside PostgreSQL SAVEPOINTS.
For more details, please jump here  http://oslandia.com/en/2017/10
/10/undo-redo-stack-is-back-qgis-transaction-groups/
<http://oslandia.com/en/2017/10/10/undo-redo-stack-is-back-qgis-transaction-groups/>

-* Transaction group allows now to play more easily with stored procedure
calls*. It is now possible to use 'QgsTransaction.ExecuteSQL', dirty the
edit buffer to let user be able to save changes, and give a name to that
action so that the UNDO/ REDO actions are more explicit. See the  Pull
requests for more details:
  - https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/5376
  - https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/5628
  - https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/5663 This last one is not merged yet
and could be postponed to 3.2

- *Trigger QGIS actions or layer refresh from PostgreSQL.* Want to code a
live dashboard and use QGIS to display messages, pictures, refresh map
layers when PostgreSQL casts a NOTIFY signal ? please read more here
http://oslandia.com/en/2017/10/07/refresh-your-maps-from-postgresql/

Many thanks to QGIS.org for supporting those low level tasks !

----

Cheers
Régis