[Qgis-psc] Performance tests QGIS Server

Paul Blottiere paul.blottiere at oslandia.com
Mon Jun 18 09:35:35 PDT 2018

Hi Paolo,

>> The last step from a system point of view, is to run these tests in a
>> continuous integration environment. Is the PSC interested in helping us
>> in that direction?
> Yes. How do you think PSC can help?

As previously discussed [0], a dedicated server seems necessary to run
these kind of tests daily and push the resulting reports on
test.qgis.org. Initially, we (Oslandia) proposed 2 solutions:

  * Directly fund that on behalf of QGIS.org
  * Oslandia funds that directly and we deal the equivalent sponsorship
    level

I think that the trend was towards the first solution, but we wanted to
make sure of that. Is it still on the table?

If so, the platform allowing to generate OGC reports for WMS
certification and the C2C MSPerf platform should probably be migrated to
this server too. BTW, considering that performances tests have to be run
without external interference, a server administrator should be named to
keep a close watch on the configuration.

With regards.

Paul

[0] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2018-May/006165.html