[Qgis-psc] Performance tests QGIS Server

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jun 19 03:38:01 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Il 19/06/2018 07:46, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
> Personally, I would prefer, if QGIS.ORG would rent a dedicated server in
> our Hetzner server infrastructure for this. QGIS.ORG would pay for the
> server. Oslandia would set up and maintain this server for a time frame
> agreed on. Perhaps starting with one year and then potentially renew the
> arrangement if it works well. Part of the arrangement would be some
> basic documentation on how to install and maintain the system. Should
> Oslandia loose interest, someone else can take over.

agreed

> Renting a server on Hetzner would mean that all servers are at the same
> infrastructure. Also, the server rental is not really expensive for
> QGIS.ORG, but finding a skilled sysadmin/dev to setup and maintain the
> system is harder. Also, Richard and Jürgen do a lot of work on the
> QGIS.ORG infrastructure - and I don't want to shovel even more work on
> their shoulders - unless they want to do it ;-)
>
> We can then discuss how much work this would mean for Oslandia and what
> sponsoring level this would equate to.
>
> Would such an arrangement be possible?

we have discussed about trading work for sponsorship. IMHO this is a bit
of a grey area, as many of us already do unsexy, unpaid work.
If we want to run this way we should have clear rules putting everybody
on the same plan, and this could be a significant step forward for the
project.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu