[Qgis-psc] changes in tickets on redmine

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 03:14:00 PST 2018

Dear PSC,

now that QGIS 3 is out I would like to propose a few updates to
tickets in Redmine. Hopefully this would not only help managing the
bug tracker in the short term but also helping the eventual migration
(see https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/QGISbugtracker).

*) using 3.1/3.3/etc... instead of "master" in "affected version"

having always used "master" to indicate the development version of
QGIS has created a bit of confusion: we now have hundreds of tickets
that have affected version "master" where "master" means a qgis
release dating back to up 10 years ago.

action > move affected version to 3.1 (or 3.0) for tickets tagged as
"master" where we now that "master" meant "qgis 3" (anyone can help me
pinpoint the date we branched for qgis 3?).

action > for older tickets with affected version tagged as "master"
put them in feedback and ask to test again QGIS 2.18/3.

*) the "affected version" list contains all the point releases, I'm
not sure this was a good choice in the long run... then list is very
long and will become even longer. What about using only "2.18" or
"3.0" and leave the exact point release to be asked with the ticket
discussion (or the description or the subject)?

*) is there any chance to have the tickets resolution automatically
tagged to "fixed/implemented"
when a PR is merged? right now this has to be done manually and is not
very convenient.

*) any other ideas?

thanks in advance for your feedback!

cheers!