[Qgis-psc] Formal policy on closing tickets with rude/aggresive language?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 15:33:50 PST 2018

Hi PSC,

This report was recently filed on the bug tracker:
https://issues.qgis.org/issues/18340

I closed it, because I don't believe that ANYONE who uses aggressive
language like this within the community deserves us to donate our time
to assist them (also... because the bug is just missing 3rd party
plugins in 3.0. But that's beside the point).

I'm wondering if we could formally adopt a policy on hub of "no rude,
abusive or aggresive language will be tolerated and tickets exhibiting
these will be immediately closed regardless of their validity"? I
can't see ANY reason why we should have to accept this type of
behavior within the community.

(It's possible there's already a policy somewhere covering this -- in
which case please disregard this request!)

Nyall